You can leave a legacy to perpetually support the causes you love with an endowment gift. An endowment is a fund you can create now or in the future to achieve the impact you desire. The income earned on your endowment will provide lasting annual support to your charitable causes.
You enjoy several benefits with an endowment gift
- Establish an endowment during your lifetime and see the impact each year
- Benefit from an income tax deduction in the year you make your gift
- Avoid capital gains tax on an endowment gift of appreciated property
How an endowment gift works
- You make an initial gift to fund an endowment
- The assets in your endowment are invested to earn income
- The income is distributed annually to achieve your desired impact
- You can make additions during your lifetime or supplement your endowment with your estate plan
Income distributed from your endowment
At the time you create your endowment, you sign an endowment agreement that details the scope and desired impact of your endowment funds. Your funds will generally be invested to produce stable, predictable growth. Each year, a set percentage of your endowed funds will be distributed according to your endowment agreement.
If you have any questions about endowment gifts, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.